Monday, 18 August 2014

Moroccan Feast

One of the many things I'm going to miss about living at home is the amazing meals cooked by my mom.  I really don't know how she does it or where she gained the incredible skills she has in the kitchen, but everything she makes is SO good.  Every time my friends come for dinner they always leave raving about how good dinner was and continue to do so for weeks after.

I love trying new foods, especially from different cultures, and because I travel often I am always given the opportunity to do so.  I find typical North American food to be very bland and uninteresting so it's always nice to try something different.

Last night we invited my grandparents over for dinner and my mom made a feast of lamb, chicken, and couscous.  We own a tagine (a unique type of ceramic or clay cookware that's popular in North Africa) so she jumps at any chance she gets to use it.  I wish I could provide you with the recipe but it is way to complicated for my level of cooking and it would be impossible for me to explain.

Enjoy a picture of the delicious food that I will be having leftovers of tonight.


Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment